Keep In Mind, Inc. specializes in Holistic
Dementia Care Solutions
What does that mean?
Although we realize that many individuals with a Dementia diagnosis may benefit from medication; we whole heartedly believe that all individuals benefit from a holistic approach to care. We offer Caregiver training, support and resources to both family and professional care partners.
Get to know the owners of Keep In Mind, Inc!
ELLEN BELK, CDP – President
Since 2001 Ellen has been a recognized Dementia Care Solutions Expert by industry leaders, frontline staff and family care providers. She’s earned international credit for her creative activity programs, operational resolutions, advocacy efforts and caregiver training. Her published articles garner high praise; as readers get an inside glimpse of her passionate ambition to break down the societal stigma often associated with a dementia diagnosis.
Celebrated for her tireless advocacy for those with memory impairment, Ellen’s holistic approach to dementia care evolved after years of boots-on-the-ground service. Her unique perspective comes from her years of professional experience on the front lines of care combined with her personal journey of caring for a parent with a mixed- dementia diagnosis.
Leadership roles with industry influencers:
Alexian Brothers Healthcare System
Brookdale Senior Living
Atria Senior Living
A career that began as an activity assistant evolved into in her final corporate role as a Divisional Director of Memory Care; responsible for 24 communities spanning 11 states and serving nearly 500 residents.
A long-time volunteer with local chapters of the Alzheimer’s Association in both Wisconsin & North Carolina; her efforts have been impactful:
- 2002-2004 – Memory Walk committee member, Southeastern Wisconsin chapter
- 2005 – Memory Walk Co-Chair, Southeastern Wisconsin chapter
- 2007-2014- Annual Caregiver Conference committee member, support group facilitator, Care Conference emcee and frequent ‘go-to’ resource for chapter personnel, Western Carolina chapter
Continuing Education & Certifications:
- Certified Dementia Practitioner – National Council of Certified Dementia Practitioners
- Leadership in Dementia Special Care Units – Rush University Medical Center
- Qualified Activity Director – MEPAP – Central Piedmont Community College
- Best Friends Master Trainer – from creators, Virginia Bell & David Troxel
- Support Group Facilitator – Western Carolina Alzheimer’s Association Chapter
Identifying a need for more purposeful ways to engage our adults with a dementia diagnosis; Ellen created Memory Magz®. Short for magazine; Magz are thoughtfully created picture publications that are visually stimulating for enjoyment and reminiscence.
A sought after speaker; audiences are impressed with Ellen’s creative solutions and insightful straight talk about dementia care.
DAN BELK – Vice President
Dan is a native of North Carolina and a graduate of the University of North Carolina at Charlotte with a Business Management degree. Dan’s career in management with expertise in Operations, Employee Retention and Human Resources is the necessary foundation for this small business.
Dan maintains all the Keep In Mind, Inc. records and contracts. He’s responsible for tech support while giving valuable input for the programs in development.